THIS IS A REMOTE/VIRTUAL POSITION. MUST BE BASED OUT OF THE US OR CANADA.
***The internship is 3 months, unpaid, but then intern will be considered for flexible/part-time hire upon completion of the internship****
We are looking for an Online Business Management Intern who will assist the CEO in managing the online presence for all businesses and clients. This will include writing and publishing various types of pieces for our company’s web pages, like articles, ebooks and social media posts. Along with helping the CEO to build the online strategies for each business.
Additional responsibilities will include producing marketing copy to advertise our products, writing blog posts about industry-related topics and promoting our content on social media. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with digital publishing and generating traffic and leads for new business. Please share samples of your work (portfolio or links to published articles) along with your application.
You will help us reach our target audience by delivering both useful and appealing online information about our company and products.
- Research industry-related topics
- Prepare well-structured drafts using digital publishing platforms
- Create and distribute marketing copy to advertise our company and products
- Interview industry professionals and incorporate their views in blog posts
- Edit and proofread written pieces before publication
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to optimize content
- Promote content on social networks and monitor engagement (e.g. comments and shares)
- Identify customers’ needs and recommend new topics
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Measure web traffic to content (e.g. conversion and bounce rates)
- Update our websites as needed
- Assist in coordinating qualitative and quantitative research projects from planning through presentation
- Assist in developing all strategic deliverables including briefs, research, personas, journey mapping, and reporting
- Help with marketing books, developing book marketing strategy, and growing reader mailing list.
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Hands-on experience with WordPress
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- An ability to fact-check long-form content pieces
- Time-management skills
- Familiarity with SEO
- Works well with others
- Able to manage yourself and your time effectively
- Keep owner informed of status of all projects
- Manage time wisely and detail oriented
- Great communicator and experience managing others
- Available during US business hours
- Business management experience
- General marketing experience (Email marketing ideal)
- Understanding about the book marketing process